_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Historic Route 66 in Tucumcari, New Mexico

 Land formations in Arizona... on our way to a historic hotel in Tucumcari, New Mexico.

 I love everything about this damn trip! Even the highway!

 And yes... New Mexico is definitely enchanting!

 Wish my Eye Candy Girls were with me during this leg of the trip. It's all retro, fancy, neon and beautiful - just like them!

 I went for a walk along one of the more famous Route 66 route and stood in awe. I was almost too excited to see. Tomorrow I get to see all this in the light of day!

 And no. I was NOT disappointed!
 One of the most famous and iconic hotels along Route 66 is the Blue Swallow Hotel. They were booked full and we didn't get to stay there... but I'd love to. Someday.



 Many of the RV trailer camping parks are still operational and there were a LOT of RV's parked inside. This, of course, is now on my bucket list.


route 66, Historic Route 66, Tucumcari, new mexico, terri jean, terri jean athens, terri jean ohio,

No comments: