_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 10, 2006


Dandelions are finally out. Here in Appalachia, we look forward to frying some up every spring. Here's how: pop the tops off of a handful of yellow dandelions. Soak them in some salt water to get the bugs off. Then blot on a paper towel. Roll them in some flour and fry in butter until crispy. Make into a sandwich and enjoy!! They are truly amazing and it never feels like spring until I make a batch of 'em up for dinner. My kids love them, and I loved it when my mom made them for me and my brother as a kid.

This photo was taken when Silas and I were out picking dandelions. He prefers the ones already seeded.

No comments: