_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 26, 2006

4 parties in 1







Earlier this month we attended a going-away party for Billy - plus an engagement party for him and Chrissy AND a birthday party of Silas and Chrissy. Whew! And though we had a good time, we were also saddened to see Billy head off to Iraq. It's such a shame. We don't want him to go, and I know he wasn't all that thrilled either. Poor fella. Poor Chrissy.

But we kept a smile on our faces while enjoying birthday cake and stories about the kids. Silas had a great time. He turned 4 and thought the party was for him. At least he had fun.

I'll miss Billy and I do wish him the very, very best. I know some day we'll all be clued in to the reason why there is a war in Iraq - why the US is acting in such a ruthless, cruel manner. I have my own theories... and I truly hope I'm not right. Because if I am, we're all in a lot of trouble.

No comments: