_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To the park





It was such a beautiful fall day... we spent a some of it at the park. Scott played with Si while I walked The Ridges and snapped a few photos. The Ridges was once a mental health hospital, and at one time, a residency farm for the mentally ill. It is said to be haunted and one of those TV programs that goes in and investigates haunted places came to visit - because Athens is supposed to be one of the most haunted areas in the United States (with the ridges being a huge part of it). There's a floor in the old hospital that's blocked off, and the imprint of a woman who died there (and her body, from what I understand, "melted" into the floor) is visible. I haven't seen it, but I know people who have. Plus I've seen photos. It's creepy. She went off into an abandoned part of the building and died. It took quite a while to find her, and when they did, she was a puddle-ish mess. Bleck!

I don't know if we really are all that haunted, but I do believe in such things. I'll let ya'll know if I ever come across anything!

* The brick building behind the trees is part of the old state mental hospital, but now it's called The Ridges. Ohio University bought it and it's now part of the campus. The Kennedy Museum is up there, and it's a nice place to visit. I enjoyed my last walk though.

* I love the brick roads in Athens.

No comments: