_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 5, 2007

And then the fog rolled in















































Years ago Amanda was sleeping over and we were watching The Fog. I had seen it when I was younger, and Amanda was probably in her early teens, but for those of you who know me - you know how easily I scare. Apparently, Amanda shares by inability to tolerate scary (or even slightly scary) movies. And yet here we were... watching The Fog. I knew everything that was to happen, and still I was screaming into my pillows - watching from behind my fingers, because having some kind of shield between myself and the TV screen always made me feel a tad safer.

Anyway, there we were.... alone, watching this idiotic film, hiding and screaming and jumping and nearly peeing our pants. When it was over, we needed a break. Something to take our minds off killer pirates seeking revenge. So what did we do at 1 or 2 in the morning? We decided to go to our favorite all-night grocery store, Krogers.

Little did we know that more than a fouth of the trip would include fog so thick that I could barely see 4 feet in front of me. I drove slow, using the lines on the road as a guide, and though we were laughing at the thought of killer pirates jumping out of the white mist with their swords and knives drawn, we still locked our doors, hoping for a murder-less trip.

And that's what happened. Whew!

Today Athens was covered in a heavy fog and I took these photos just down the road from Krogers, which is still my favorite grocery store. I later asked Amanda if she saw it, and she had. She asked if I remembered the night we watched The Fog.

No comments: