_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Remembering Aunt Burnita

My great great Aunt Burnital died many years ago today and I can't help but think of her. She was the first female federal court judge and made great progress in the sufferage movement. She had only female staff members and fought to be a female lawyer when there such things were laughed at.

If you have a moment to read about her, I think you'd agree that she was an amazing woman.
And I know my dad misses her lots.

No comments: