_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

And I know there'll come a time when I'll look you in the eyes and say: "I told you so"

 Andy Grammer, the guy I just saw in concert... wrote this amazing song that's now climbing up the charts called Miss Me.

Damn I love this song! I can't stop singing it to myself... I'm so engrossed in the lyrics that I find myself belting it out, even when I'm at the grocery store or today at the gas station.

Even now. As I sit here at 1 am, just returning from a very rainy Athens (a story for another day), the song played on the radio right before I turned on my street... and I'm here... singing it. Quietly, tho, for now. But still... it's belting in my head.

And that's where it keeps spinning... repeating over and over. These lyrics especially.


Set me up for the falling, gave me no warning you were gone
Let me down I was reeling, I can't believe what you have done
Go do what you've gotta do, damn words will follow you
Everywhere you go
And I know there'll come a time when I'll look you in the eyes and say: "I told you so"


And I promise you this, you're gonna miss me, miss me

As long as you live you're gonna miss me, miss me
Oh



Going to bed now.
With these words playin' in my head over and over.

And I know there'll come a time
When I look you in the eyes and say
I told you so.

You're gonna miss me... miss me.
Oh.


Goodnight everyone.
Sweet dreams.

No comments: