_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hillbilly ways may be shared by others

I "borrowed" this photo from an online news report about Hurricane Sandy... only because I totally did the plastic rain boots.

And I only dig them because my mom used to make me put bread wrappers over top of my snow boots in the winter to make them water-proof, and I, in turn, had my two oldest kids do the same.

I always assume that weird things such as this is just us hillbilly's making use of what we have. Seeing another person NOT here in hillbilly land using the same techniques is refreshing.

But then again, he may be an immigrant.
That is.. immigrating from Appalachia.


No comments: