_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Got me some ink yesterday!

Oh yes! Mama got her TAT worked on yesterday (tat is tattoo slang for those of you who aren't as cool as me) from my son, Alex. I had this b&w sun tattoo that was fading a bit and needed lots of lots of color. And that is what Alex did! And I LOVE it! Now remember when looking at this that my skin is still bleeding a bit and it's all welted and, well, seeping. But it'll look amazing in about a week!


And now my arm sleeve can begin. I envision Marilyn Monroe, my favorite quote, maybe a bit of Betty Boop.... ummmm.... the list goes on and on.
 (Don't mind the blue lines below it. Those are cloud reference marks for the sleeve. They aren't tattooed in.

And in case you were wondering, it doesn't really hurt today. Just feels like an ouchy sunburn. And it wasn't too bad getting it. The line inking, for me, hurt more than the brush inking for the coloring and shading.