_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 16, 2006


It's nice out. In the high 60's and here it is January. I wanted to go for a hike today... so we (me, Jake & Silas) went out behind the house. Not too far, but it was enough to get a breath of fresh air and to initiate a hiking trip discussion for this summer. There's a 27-mile hiking path that starts out by Lake Hope, winds about the hills between Lake Hope and Waterloo Wilflife Station (which is directly in front of my house) and half way is a camp site. We've been talking about hiking that damn 27 miles for nearly 10 years now. I'd really like to cross that off my list once and for all. Jake is game, I know Silas would go, all my girls would venture out, Heather and her kids would love it, and I'm sure Alex and Scott could find a free weekend. We could get more than a dozen folks together and sleep way out in the middle of no where (well... it would seem that way). It would be great practice for what I REALLY want to do... trek into the mountains and camp for a good solid week. I think I could do it. The hard part would be dealing with my cell phone and laptop withdrawl.

No comments: