_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, May 18, 2006

All dressed up and no where to go

























When I was younger, I wanted to be a photo journalist. My plan was to work for Life Magazine and travel to anywhere and everywhere... all over the planet. But my life took a different turn and I ended up taking the mother / wife route instead. And since I believe that I should be at home raising all 4 of my children, I'm not out there chasing my photo journalist dream. But that does not mean I don't still want it. I do... and slowly my life is taking that path. I write, I take photos (here's some from this week) and I still plan to travel and see the planet once I have a few more books published (and practice up on my lecturing). The difference is, now I work for myself (and not Life magazine) and I'd have a whole crew of kids to travel the world with me. How wonderful is that?

And with each airplane that passes over head, and there are countless since I live within the flight plan of many airplanes coming into Columbus, that old travel bug pinches me a little harder. The bites are starting to itch something fierce.

No comments: