_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, February 23, 2006

People are strange

Nobody has a perfect family, and I'm no exception. I have family members who have not only disappointed me, but I've actually had to cut them from my life. Why? Because they done things that betrayed our family, and I just can not allow that type of toxic energy to infest my life. And I mean bad things.... like taking advantage of my mother for year, making her care for her mother and grandmother until their dying day, and then in the end, giving her nothing in return (though she was promised money, a home, etc for her 8+ years of service). Yes, people in my family - people who were close to me - promised my mother for 8 years that if she took care of her mother and grandmother (their mother and grandmother also), she would receive something extra from the nice estate that would be left behind. Well, THEY received the nice extras. The car, the property, the home, the appliances, and even money. Mom got nothing for her hard work, dedication, time off work and without pay, her suffering, her long nights, and her doing almost all of this work without the assistance of her own siblings.

I have come to believe that some people truly have no soul. They have no warmth, no instinct to be kind to others. They only feel for and live for themselves. They make excuses as to why they do the things they do, and why you should feel guilty for making them for guilty, but deep down, they are miserable individuals living a miserable existence filled with health problems, family problems and a spirit that weakens each and every day.

These people do not live life. They merely exist. They go through life without any life in them. I actually feel sorry for these people... and especially for my family members. Because they've turned their back on the very people who would come and sit with them for 8 years and nurse them through their most horrific of days. But now they have cut themselves from us, and I have cut myself from them.

No comments: