_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Getting ready for the big show



I'm lecturing at Ohio University tonight - "Mama What's an Indian" - and even though I've been practicing it all week (and I know the material inside and out) I'm still nervous! And then, of all things, a sparrow came into my front door and was freaking out (trying to escape through the window) and I thought "Hmm.... maybe that's a bad sign" 'cause I remember some superstitions about birds coming into the house and how they're signs that something bad is going to happen. And it flew in within an hour of me having to leave. So, I had that in the back of my head for most of the night. But, here's a photo of me and my little birdie omen. (Hope it doesn't have the bird flu!) and the other is little Silas on his way to Grandma's for a sleepover.

No comments: